Thursday, December 14, 2006

Why do I fear death so much?

I have looked death in the eye many times and spat at it.

Abeit with a craze stare.

But why is it that I fear death that much?

From sunday to tuesday, horridly weak and sick I was. And whilst recupperating in bed, dreams of various deaths find me. My world crushing around me. Me dying. Me watching everything dying. Me dying mentally, yet seeing a healthful physical body. I could feel the pain in my chest each time I awoke. I felt myself dying from that illusionary experience itself. So real. That fear. It is so real. Why? Moreover, why is it that I can remember myself shivering, can remember the reaction, can know the cause, yet not even remember the exact details of the haunting dreams? Or the exact emotions I felt?

I almost want to experience that mental anguish over again. To understand. Is it truly something I fear deep within me, or just hallucinations brought about by a mind inebriated by pain? But do I dare enter that zone again?

No comments: