Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Favourite Comfort Food- Ever




The Jollibean Mee Chiang Kueh.

Oh yes. Incredulous as it may sound, I will gladly trade foie gras, truffles, belon oysters and whatever astronomically priced food for this simple unpretentious 80 cents peanut pancake. It just seem to resonate with my so much!

Particularly the ones from Jollibean! Every bite into the "al dente" pancake, oozing fountains of crunchy roasted peanut paste, sends me shivering in ectasy. Alright, I'm exaggerating, but really, their MCK are really incredible! Do note that NOT ALL JOLLIBEAN PANCAKES ARE CREATED EQUAL! Many people aren't fans of their MCK, but that's coz u folks get from the stalls manned by lazy, cheapo (despicable...:P) workers who skimp on both skills and ingredients! I usually get my dose from Lot 1 (magical MCK. Literally gushing out peanut paste) or IMM (the morning Auntie shift is the good one :P) when I go grocery shopping. The MCK featured today is from the branch at Jurong Entertainment center. Been going to the library for revision in the morning recently, and this has featured in a big part of my breakfast! I believe the lady there recognises me now, coz she actually sprang to her feet on seeing me today, seeming to know intrinsicly I will NOT leave JEC without one!

1 comment:

Ryanryan said...

OMG i binge on those! =)

pancakes=heaven